Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Picture Frame Earring Holder

I don't know about you, but I always have a really hard time finding cool ways to display jewelry.  Boxes are clunky and I have yet to find a functional and cute earring holder, so I decided to make one.  This project was super easy and fast and now I don't feel like I need to hide my earrings before company comes over!

Here are the steps:

1.  I started with a white 8x10 picture frame from Ikea (happened to have quite a lot of these left over after the wedding), scissors, yellow ribbon, pretty paper and super glue (I later switched to hot glue, worked better).

2.  I took the plastic and everything out of the frame and glued the ribbon in strips.  I glued to the back of the frame so none of the yuckiness would show.
3.  I put the plastic protector sheet and the pretty paper back in the frame (behind the ribbon, that's where you hang the earrings so it needs to be outside the frame) and voila!  A super cute and functional jewelry display.


I love that you can customize this just by changing the frame, paper, and/or ribbon.  You can make it match your existing decor in any room of the house.  And it's a great excuse to buy more earrings!

1 comment:

  1. Such cute ideas! I'm so glad I found your new blog!!! Can't wait to see some of your wedding photos :)

    ReplyDelete