Sunday, August 21, 2011

Starbucks Glass Bottle Vases

Okay, I feel really bad because I stole this idea from another website and now I can't remember which one!  I did modify it a bit, but if I find the original I will post the link.  I made these for our rehearsal lunch, but you could totally personalize them for any special occasion, or with general cute terms for around the house.  Here's the finished product:





Here's how to complete the project:

1)  Probably the most fun step, buy the small glass bottle version of Starbucks frappucinos and drink them!
2)  Once you have a bunch of empty bottles, take off the labels and scrub off any remaining sticky stuff.
3)  Spray paint the bottles white.  I used a cheap spray paint and wasn't very patient, so they came out a little splotchier than I would have liked, so invest in good paint and take your time! 
4)  Decorate with the words of your choice.  I used colorful stickers that I found at Michael's.  You could also print out transfers from your computer, or if you have a steady hand, paint or stencil them on.
5)  Fill with the flowers of your choice (I am partial to Gerber daisies).  I have a couple displayed in my classroom and I can't help but smile when I see them!





Happy crafting!

1 comment: