Thursday, October 6, 2011

Easy Art!

Hello kiddies!  I would apologize for missing Pinterest Monday, but I was enjoying my day off from school so I'm really not that sorry!  I promise next week will be twice as good!  Today I have a cute and relatively easy art project for you.  Check it out!

This is my old coffee table.  I know it's kind of hard to see, but it's small and black (from Ikea) and has a glass topper.

It's covered with our tickets and fun little artifacts from things the hubby and I have done together.  When we move, we are downsizing our living room and sadly, the table will be sold at a garage sale.  But I didn't want to lose all of those cool memories we had saved over the years.

So I took an old canvas that I had leftover from the wedding (we used it to display the seating chart).  It was already kind of grungy and sticky as it previously had ribbon glued to it.  I took some Mod Podge, arranged all the tickets, and voila!
A cute, easy, personalized piece of art!  Now, this project was a little messier and more time consuming than I originally anticipated, but I love the finished product.  Can't wait to hang it up in our new house!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is a fantastic idea! I never would have thought of that. Now you won't lose all those great momentos. Nice!

    ReplyDelete